What you need:
- - Button & Needle/Thread (or Sewing Machine)
1. Open up your Dishtowel - now you want to sew a basting stitch/running stitch all the way across the dishtowel (hamburger style or horizontal).
2. Then pull ONE of the strings, so that it begins to ruffle.
When pulling - you want to make sure that your dishtowel is the same length as your potholder once "scrunched". Does that make sense?
See how my "scrunched" towel is the same width as my pot holder.
*Also - I used a SQUARE potholder, so I had to fold mine like a diamond -- but if you're using a RECTANGLE, you will fold yours hamburger style.
So it should look like this:
4. Now it's time to sew on the potholder ... you want to face the dishtowel and potholder right sides together. The "wrong" side of the potholder should be facing up.
5. Now sew down the center of the ruffle. (Make sure to change the settings back to normal, if you used your machine for the baste stitch!)
So now it should look like this:
6. Hand sew on your button!
Hang it up and Admire:
So I feel like I made this look WAY harder than it is ... it's really very easy! So if you have ANY questions or my tutorial doesn't make sense ... please just leave a comment!!
These make wonderul gifts and if you hit up the Dollar Store you could make these for less than $2!!