I found this super cute on clearance at Old Navy for $4.00.
Only problem was, it was long sleeve!
and I live in Florida ... and it's already HOT! :)
I need short sleeves!
No problem -- it's a six minute fix!
(This would be a perfect project for a beginner)
I bought my shirt a size larger since I'm pregnant
(and this shirt was not maternity).
1. Grab one of your favorite short sleeve shirts to use as a "pattern".
2. Now add an additional 1.5-2 inches and cut it off.
I like to use a Rotary cutter, but scissors would definitely work too.
3. Now flip your shirt inside out. Fold 1" inch and then 1" inch again, to create a new cuff.
4. Iron and pin to keep in place
6. Now it's time to sew! I leave my shirt inside out while sewing. I also used white thread, but if you wanted contrast you could use a different color too! Now straight stitch around the cuff. I always do two lines, but you could just do one if you wanted! :)
7. Trim your threads, turn your shirt right side out and that's it! :)
Admire your new SHORT SLEEVE t-shirt!
- If you're having trouble with pulling, increase your stitch.
I usually keep mine at 3.0 or 3.5 for t-shirts.